Ferry, Rail, Bus & Shuttle Companies
Information is the best available at the time of publication. A listing here implies no specific guarantees or recommendations.
907 is the area code for all numbers unless otherwise listed.
An asterisk (*) after a company name indicates membership in the Alaska Wilderness Recreation and Tourism Association.
Alaska Backpacker Shuttle
(800) 266-8625, 344-8775. Van service between Portage, Anchorage, Denali, Fairbanks, and points between.
Alaska Direct Bus Line
(800) 770-6652, (907) 277-6652 in Anchorage, (867) 668-4833 in Whitehorse. Year-around service among Fairbanks, Anchorage, Whitehorse, Haines, and Skagway. Service between Tok and Dawson City, YT, in the summer. Cities served 2 to 3 times a week. Reservations are required.
Alaska Marine Highway System
(800) 642-0066, 465-3941, www.akferry.com. Coastal ferry service with numerous ports from Bellingham, WA to Dutch Harbor.
Alaska Railroad Corporation
(800) 544-0552, 265-2494, www.akrr.com. Service connecting Seward, Portage, Anchorage, Wasilla, Talkeetna, Denali, Fairbanks, and points between.
(250) 386-3431, (888) 223-3779 (in B.C.), www.bcferries.bc.ca. Service in Vancouver region and coastal waters to Prince Rupert.
822-5292, www.alaska-backcountry-tours.com. Van service connecting Glenallen, Chitina, and McCarthy.
683-5000. Parks Highway taxi service based in Denali. Chartering to Anchorage, Fairbanks, and elsewhere.
Cordova Airport Shuttle
424-3272. $9 shuttle between Cordova and Cordova airport, meets every flight.
Denali Overland Transportation
(800) 651-5221, 733-2384, www.denalioverland.com, email@example.com. $40 van shuttles between Talkeetna and Anchorage (4 passengers or more), other destinations, lodging booking.
683-2504. Parks Highway taxi service, Denali vicinity.
(800) 544-2206, www.grayline.com. Serves all main highway routes. In the past, buses could be flagged down mid-route with independent travelers sharing buses with tour groups. The official 'Alaskon Express' service has been cancelled. Call for current info.
Homer Stage Line
399-1168. Bus service between Homer and Anchorage, and Homer and Seward.
Kachemak Bay Transit / Homer, Anchorage
Daily bus or van transport between Anchorage and Homer with stops on Sterling and Seward highways. Kenai Peninsula, Anchorage.
(877) 479-0079. Circle-Fairbanks shuttles.
Seward Bus Line
563-0800 (Anchorage), 224-3608 (Seward), www.sewardbuslines.com. Daily bus service between Anchorage and Seward, $40 one-way, charters and tours.
Talkeetna Shuttle Service
(888) 288-6008, 733-1725. Daily shuttles between Anchorage and Talkeetna in summer.
683-7433. Parks Highway shuttles based in Denali.
Wrangell Mountain Bus
554-4411. $5 one-way, Shuttle between McCarthy and Kennicott.